OUR MEASURES FOR SUSTAINABILITY
- Among other things, we forego using plastics as far as possible, for example in our operating equipment: In production, we take advantage of single-use cups made of paper and Q-tips made of cotton – materials that can be recycled and are therefore better for the environment. Overall, we save 40,000 plastic Q-tips and 1,750 plastic cups annually.
In the packaging department, we will be replacing more cardboard with returnable packaging over the course of the year, which can be reused any number of times, saving on materials. Instead of adhesive tape, we use paper packaging tape. By digitalizing our administrative processes, we also reduce our daily paper consumption.
- We are also continuously reducing the critical substances in CAPTRON products. Additionally, we perform a systematic substitution check when developing (new) products to increase our production using non-critical substances.
- In opening our new building, we will be installing several charging stations for electric vehicles in the corresponding garage. The new building is also designed and built based entirely on the latest directives. The company location is heated and cooled by means of a groundwater pump.
- It also features a solar power system that supplies the company location in Olching with its own electricity. As a result, the entire production area is run with green energy.
- All company rooms are cleaned using environmentally friendly agents. In place of chemical coloring agents and preservatives, we use natural raw materials with a better degradability.
- CAPTRON deliveries are CO2-neutral worldwide. To ensure this, we switched our contract with our logistics partner to carbon-neutral delivery. In addition, certain markets are already using electric delivery vehicles. We are more than happy to pay the premium. By the end of the year, we aim to cut the company’s overall CO2 emissions by 10 percent.